Success Story - Idifarma - CEEI Navarra
Company : IDIFARMA Country: Spain
BIC: CEEI Navarra
Key words: Biotech, Pharma, Drugs, Generic
Year founded: 2001
Founders: Angel Ursua and Jose Javier Muruzábal and Luis Oquiñena, both with wide experience in the Pharma industry after having work during more than 16 and 25 years respectively for the generic company leader in Spain
Company funded by: founders, venture capital
Target market: Pharmaceutical companies (Generic and Biotech companies)
Number of employees: 60
Sales08: 3.000.000 €
Hosted at: CEEI Navarra since November 2001 to January 2008
- Idifarma is involved in other projects, such as the new company 3P Biopharmaceuticals, plant for the production of biomolecules based in Noáin-Navarra. It will be the first plant of its kind that is created in Spain. It involves an investment of around 9 million Euros and an initial staff of 19 employees that will be 35 in the medium term.
- Member of the Navarra Biotech Cluster
IDIFARMA is a leading supplier of specialized services for the Spanish and European markets in the areas of pharmaceutical and biotechnology research, development, and innovation.
100% customer oriented, the company carries out a full range of design, development, and documentation projects for new pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
Its business is based on three services: supplied from specific services to completed new products to pharma and biotech companies, in-house activity developing their own products or new ways of delivering products that are already in the market. Also, Idifarma offers a wide range of services from quality control and analysis services, comparative studies on products and their stability to registration documentation procedures.
Idifarma & CEEI Navarra
Founders contacted the BIC because…
CEEI Navarra is really well-known in the region
The most important service received…
Space and flexibility: Idifarma grew very quickly and CEEI was able to offer more space when the company needed it.
Also, the centre offered Idifarma the possibility to focus on the core business and not to be worried about administrative issues.
Furthermore, CEEI Navarra helped the company to access public and private capital and VISIBILITY, which is perhaps the most important service received: thanks to CEEI Navarra the company became known among government and other companies in the region.
Without the BIC …
Everything would have been more complicated
In the face of the financial crisis…
Idifarma tries to help its customer to save money:
- Short and medium term strategy: Offering big companies Idifarma manufacturing plant.
- Large term strategy: developing new drugs delivery system which avoid patient the side-effects and spend days at the hospital.
- Entrepreneur Award XXI
- Best Trajectory for a Technology-Based Innovative Company (EIBT) ; Prizes for the Creation and Consolidation of Technology-Based Innovative Companies awarded by the Spanish National Association of European Business and Innovation Centres (ANCES)
Polígono Mocholí, C/ Noain 1, 31110 Noain (Navarra). España
Tfno. (+34) 948 21 40 23 Fax. (+34) 948 31 23 59
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web Site: http://www.idifarma.com/