Digital, Cultural & Social Innovation
Just say Yes!
An "Unconventionnal event", that is what you are expected to experience in Londonderry (Northern Ireland) this year with the 22nd edition of the EBN Annual Congress!
2013 is the year for Londonderry as first UK city of Culture
. In this specific context EBN and their partners NORIBIC
have decided to take a"festival/unconventional" approach in order to make out of it event to be remembered for inspiring creativity and innovation, through a cultural platform.
The Millenium Forum
located in the city centre will welcome the participants who will have the opportunity to visit relevant Villages areas according to their own interests
The Digital Village
This area will focus on Digital Innovation and will try to answer to the following issues:
The Cultural Village
- How the digital content sector can be developed and grown to address new business opportunities in the 21st century economy.
- What innovative methodologies can be utilised by BICs to improve the competitiveness and sustainability of digital content businesses?
- How can traditional businesses adopt and utilise digital technologies to develop their business models?
All regions have their own unique culture. This creates a business opportunity that can be used to considerable economic advantage.
- What innovative approaches can be taken by the BICs towards ensuring that cultural activities can be made sustainable?
- Can traditional businesses adopt cultural innovation processes to drive forward their businesses?
The Innovation Village
Particularly in a recession economy, the opportunity for start-up can be limited through many factors – market, finance, staff or customer base. By thinking innovatively, the business model can be translated from a traditional profit taking model to a surplus making model such as social enterprise.
More detailed information very soon on www.ebncongress.eu
- What innovative approaches can be taken by the BICs towards supporting social enterprises?
- Can traditional businesses adopt social innovation processes to drive forward their businesses?
- How can social cohesion be promoted through adoption of social innovation?
Case studies of innovative processes adopted by BICs in their support of Digital/Cultural/ Social businesses and successful business exemplars. Examples of Digital, Cultural-Traditional business crossover models as well as Examples of sustainable Social Enterprises will be showcased.
EBN - European Business & Innovation Centre Network
Phone +32 2 761 10 84 / Fax +32 2 772 95 74
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
NORIBIC, the Northern Ireland Business and Innovation Centre,
Tel: + 44 (0) 28 7126 4242